Monday, August 17, 2009

It's been a long, long time

Well, I finally made it back to college nearly a year after I moved home to Cary, N.C. I'm now taking classes in Web design and development and putting my two books that I had been writing on hold.

This is actually a homework assignment - to create a blog and set up a profile page. Since I've been on the Net for 20 years and working with computers for 30, I thought I'd just update my blog here and hope the instructor likes what he reads.

There's been some changes since I last posted anything on Litesports.com. The most major - outside of selling my pug puppy so he could have a better life with a fenced yard - was the start of the regeneration of my five Web sites. Litesports.com no longer exists - instead it's just a holding page until I decide to redo all of the information that had been there, which is now hiding at www.thesportsdrill.com. I also have www.theladiesofsports.com, www.thesportstriviachallenge.com and www.michaelwemmett.com.

I've also been into FaceBook quite heavily this summer and have built a consortium of about 1,400 friends as of this writing.

My goals are pretty simple - let my books sit for a couple of months before finishing them up and shipping them off to my agent; study hard and pass the classes at Wake Tech with flying colors; and completing my second semester of school before taking a well-deserved vacation next summer. Will I make it? Who knows. But I am sure going to give it the ol' college try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home