Monday, April 06, 2009

Stimulating the major leagues

With all this talk about the muckey mucks taking big bonuses on Wall Street, you'd think someone - anyone - would come out against how part of your stimulus money is going to support major-league sports.

Don't think so? Name the banks and corporations that are getting tax and funding breaks only to use part of that money on the name of sports arenas and stadiums around the country. There's plenty to go around but it's all so galling.

Here we bail out a bank and then it slaps its name on the Mets' new digs. That's a shame. And we don't even get a break when it comes to ticket prices.

The problem, you see, is Obama's plan involves a tremendous amount of money. I mean a gosh-darn, dang-blasted huge, mother-of-all-infusions in history. And everyone wants their hands in the cookie jar, me included.

I want to go back to school - Wake Tech Community College - to get a certificate in Web Design. But the government doesn't give grants for certificate loans even though I will put in the equivalent of an A.D. in getting one. I also want a small business loan to take litesports.com and convert it into a tribute site for Miller Lite and the sports it promotes (to sell it to Miller someday obviously). I need to hire a FLASH and JavaScript guru to help me but there's no SBA loan available that I can put my hands on.

So where's my stimulus, Mr. Obama. I want to grow the economy, fund education, put someone to work and there's no where for me to go.

If you have any suggestions, email me at michaelwemmett@yahoo.com - until that, I will just watch your fat cats getting fatter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home